Residential Property Lettings

Your treasured asset in professional hands


Why choose Leftmove to Let your property?

Here at Leftmove, we appreciate that letting your property, which is often your most important asset, can be a worrying experience.

With this in mind we can confidently assure you that by instructing us to act as your Letting and Management Agents your asset will be in professional hands, and we will provide you with the best possible service and the right tenant for your property.

A Personal Service

As a local proactive agent we sustain a flexible approach to letting a property out, and are able to adapt our Service's to meet each of our client's needs and wants. Outlined below are the two main packages that we provide for our landlords:

Tenant Find & Documentation Service Tenant Find & Rent Collection Service Tenant Find & Full Management Service
Our agent visiting the property to complete a market appraisal Tick Tick Tick
Prepare the lettings particulars Tick Tick Tick
Erection of a 'To Let' board on the property Tick Tick Tick
Advertisement on and Tick Tick Tick
Advertisement in local press publications Tick Tick Tick
Conducting property viewings and providing feedback Tick Tick Tick
Completing the tenancy agreement documentation Tick Tick Tick
Place the tenants bond into the deposit protection scheme Tick Tick Tick
Providing a written property condition inventory Tick Tick
Informing utility companies of meter reads and change of tenancy Tick Tick Tick
Informing local council of change of council tax liability Tick Tick Tick
Informing all the utility companies of meter readings and change of tenancy to set up the relevant new accounts in the tenant's name(s) Tick
Dealing with any maintenance queries arising in respect of the property, providing quotes from local contractors for any work before arranging any works, all in line with the landlord requirements and instruction Tick
Collecting and processing the monthly rent and forwarding it to the landlord each month Tick Tick
Conducting regular property inspections to ensure the property is being kept up to the expected standard. Reporting back to the Landlord following the inspection Tick
Arranging gas safety checks and electrical inspections through our network of trusted engineers Tick
Liaising with the tenant at the end of the tenancy, for the move out inspection and return of keys Tick

Our Lettings Valuer will discuss our landlord letting fees during a market appraisal of your property. We're confident you'll find our fees most competitive and we guarantee to beat any other agents fees on a like for like service!

Price Promise

Further Information

Energy Performance Certificate

By law, all Landlords must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on the property, and provide a copy to tenants when letting a property.

The government are performing stringent checks on EPC's and failure to comply with this legislation may lead to a fine of 5000. This certificate must be in place before the property is put up for advertising and a copy is given to the tenant on move in day. The EPC provides an energy efficiency rating for a property on a scale of 'A' to 'G' with 'A' being the most efficient and 'G' being the least.

An EPC must be completed and issued by a qualified and accredited Domestic Energy Assessor. In the rented sector an EPC is valid for 10 years and can be reused as many times as required during that period.

There is currently no requirement for landlords to make any improvements if their property has a poor rating.

This is something that we can arrange for you, if you would like further information or would like to arrange this for you, please call the office on 01772 367778.

Gas safety certificate, installation & use

By law, a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate MUST be done and a copy provided to the tenants upon moving in to a property. The gas safety certificate must be done annually, and it covers any gas appliances, pipes fittings within the property.

It must be carried out by a qualified gas safe engineer, and a record of the certificates must be kept on file. This is of the highest importance and we reserve the right on this regulation to arrange for gas inspections to be arranged at the landlord's expense, should the appropriate certificate not be available to us. Landlords should note the maximum penalty for non-compliance with these regulations is a fine of at least 5000 or even 6 month's imprisonment.

This is something that we can arrange for you, if you would like further information or would like to arrange this for you, please call the office on 01772 367778.

Electrical Safety Compliance

It is a Landlords duty to ensure that all electrical appliances & fixed wiring in a property are safe. There are currently no legal requirements for landlords to have a formal annual safety check of electrical equipment done.

However, as far as trading standards are concerned a landlord must be able to demonstrate that electrical appliances are safe before the property is let out. Should any piece of electrical equipment have a fault, which results in injury or fatality, the person responsible for supplying the equipment, the landlord, could be open to prosecution. We would therefore highly recommend that you have all freestanding electrical appliances tested and circuits certified safe, by a suitably qualified electrician and a certificate issued.

his again is something that we can arrange for you, if you would like further information or would like to arrange this for you, please call the office on 01772 367778.

Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarms

New legislation came into place as of October 2015 meaning that all Landlords must now install a working Smoke alarm on each floor of the property and the must be tested at the start of each tenancy.

If there are any solid fuel appliances in the property, a Carbon Monoxide alarm must also be installed in the room where the appliance is. Landlords who fail to install smoke alarms & carbon monoxide alarms could face sanctions and up to a 5,000 civil penalty.

Consent to Let

If the landlord has a mortgage, it is normal for mortgagees to require notification of any proposed letting of the property. The Landlord should receive their consent prior to proceeding. The Landlord should also advise his insurance company (buildings & contents) of the proposal to let the property so as to be covered by the correct policy.


If you are a resident landlord in the UK, your net taxable profit from your rental business represents income received without tax deduction at source. This will need to be added to your other taxable income in order to work out your overall tax liability for a particular tax year. The normal method of reporting your taxable income to the inland revenue and calculating your tax liability is via a self-assessment tax return.

For Non Resident landlords (NRL) scheme is for taxing the UK rental income of person whose usual place of abode is outside the UK. Unless the landlord can provide us with an exemption certificate from the Inland Revenue, we are obliged by law to deduct basic rate tax (currently 23%) from rents received and account to the Inland Revenue on a quarterly basis.

Rightmove Zoopla
Ombudsman TSI DPS
Facebook Twitter